Candle & Wax Melt Care & Safety

Cotton Wick or Wooden Wick Candles:

Allow the wax to pool. Light the wooden wick at one end and allow the flame to flow naturally across the wick. Make sure that the top surface of the wax melts all the way to the edge of the candle before extinguishing the flame — this may take between 30 and 60 minutes after lighting. A full pool of melted wax will keep the candle from tunneling, or leaving wax on the sides of the vessel. Your flame height may vary, and may occasionally even appear to self-extinguish. Even a low flame will continue to heat, and the flame height should return shortly. Your candle performs best when kept lit for 3 to 4 hours. Safe burning tips: Keep your burning candle in sight and away from drafts. Always place it on a flat, heat-resistant surface when lit. Keep the candle away from children, pets, materials that can catch fire, and other heat sources. Never move your candle while it is burning or still hot. Only move it once the flame is extinguished and the wax has cooled. Pouring or removing liquid wax from the vessel may cause the wick to extinguish and affect the future burn quality of the candle. Wick care and treatment: Due to the unique design of the wooden wick, it is likely to need trimming between burns. If your candle flame grows to over 1 inch high or the candle begins to smoke, then carefully extinguish the candle, allow the wick and wax to cool, and trim the wick to 1/4 inch. Remove and discard all wick trimmings before relighting the candle. (If you do not have a wick trimmer, toe nail clippers actually work well for this). When to stop burning the candle. When there is approximately 1/4 inch of wax remaining at the bottom of the vessel, extinguish the wick and recycle the vessel according to your local recycling center instructions.

 

Wax Melts:

To use your wax melts you will need a wax warmer. We highly recommend using a wax warmer that is specifically designed for wax melts. Other types of warmers/burners can burn out the scent too quickly or be dangerous. Read and follow all instructions on your warmer carefully before use. Do not leave unattended or in reach of children and pets. Do not add water to your warmer. Do not leave your warmer on for extended periods of time (I recommend 3 hours maximum at a time). Do not place your warmer on/near flammable items/surfaces. You can reuse your wax melt until the scent has faded. Once you are finished using your melt or the scent has faded, you can either wait until your wax has cooled and you can either scrape the wax from your warmer, or turn it off and while it is still in liquid form, place a paper towel or cotton ball in the wax to soak it all up. Don’t discard your used wax down the sink/drain. To clean your warmer, you can refer to the instructions that came with your warmer. Make sure it is clean and dry before using a new wax melt. Alli Cat Creative Co. wax melts are made with soy wax, fragrance oil and colored epoxy dye.

 

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions: allicatcreativeco@gmail.com